Lunchtime at School
Download the Autumn Term 2019 menu by clicking here.
The allergen information for this menu can be found here.
Lunchtime runs from 12.15pm to 1.30pm. Children from the same class sit at the same lunch table, under supervision, whether they have a school meal or bring a packed lunch from home.
There are three options for a lunchtime meal, two provided by the school and one provided from home. The school provides unlimited water with every meal, (whether it is a school or home meal).
Hot School Meal
School Meals are now free for all Infant aged children, (Reception to Year 2). The menu is rotated every 3 weeks and the current menu can be downloaded and viewed above, (when available).
Free School Meals
If you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below and you apply for free school meals, our school will receive a Pupil Premium grant to support your child's education. The grant is currently £1300 per eligible primary pupil and is paid for up to six years.
- income support
- Universal Credit if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household earned income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- income-based jobseeker's allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit, and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. (If you receive working tax credit as well as child tax credit you will not be entitled to free school meals).
- the guarantee element of state pension credit.
- If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals on 31 March 2018, they’ll remain eligible until 31 March 2022 regardless if your income changes .
For more information, follow the link below:
If your child is eligible for this grant, they will benefit from free school milk, subsidised trips / swimming / clus, subsidised uniform etc.
If you think your family maybe entitled to receive this grant, please fill out the relevant form in the school office, (all requests are treated in confidence).
School Packed Lunch
A packed lunch menu is available, through the school, for those children who prefer this type of meal. If you would like your child to be given a packed lunch by the school, you will need to fill out the relevant form and hand it into the school office with your child's choice, by the previous Thursday at the latest. The packed lunch request form can be downloaded by clicking here. Parents may also take advantage of this service when their child requires a packed lunch for an educational visit.
Home Packed Lunch
Your child may bring into school a packed lunch from home. Please prepare all food so that it is ready for your child to eat (peel oranges for example). Do not include nuts or nut products such as peanut butter sandwiches, (as these are extremely dangerous for some children), or sweets (chocolate biscuits are acceptable). Please do not provide a drink as all children have water provided. Please ensure that the food container is clearly marked with both your child’s and their class teacher’s name. (There are no cooling facilities for the packed lunches so please think carefully as to what to give your child and include a ‘freezer pack’ in the lunchbox if necessary).
Please note that all children will automatically be given a hot lunch unless they bring a packed lunch from home on the day, or the office has previously received a school packed lunch request.