PHSA - Park Hill Schools' Association
A Letter from the Chair
Park Hill Schools’ Association (PHSA) is a registered charity, who work together with the school to raise money for items not covered by the school budget. As a parent or carer of a child at Park Hill Infants, you are automatically a member of the PHSA.
We arrange fun social events for children, parents and the community- Summer Fair (July), Fireworks Night (November) and the Christmas Fair (December). Our school staff, children, parents and carers support PHSA fundraising in many ways; by attending the events and offering their time and skills either on an occasional basis or more regularly. Some parents again choose to take an active part in the running of our registered charity by becoming a member of the PHSA Committee. Our Committee meets at least six times throughout the year to make decisions regarding fundraising events and how to best spend the money we have raised. Our meetings are light hearted and sociable affairs, and any member of the PHSA is welcome to join us.
Our AGM takes place in March every year. This is a great opportunity to find out about the previous years' activities and plan the year ahead.
Our coffee mornings are held every six weeks which is an excellent platform to mingle with other parents/carers and share ideas. We also keep our snack shop open every Friday in the summer term which is very popular. Regular newsletters and emails will keep you informed with all the activities happening.
Money raised in recent years have funded the new hall flooring, buddy stops in the playground, hall blinds, tropical fish tank, race track with zebra crossing, fabulous outdoor learning space and gardening area in the reception area, greenhouse, and many more.
In the current economic scenario where huge cutbacks are planned by the government, it’s more important that we support our children and the school.
Some more advantages of PHSA:
- Get connected- There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your child’s school.
- Tap into the network – PHSA events are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers. You can share ideas, concerns and experiences.
- Watch yourself grow - By volunteering you put your skills and hobbies to use for a good cause- your child and all the children in the community.
- Witness improvement – By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
- Be a role model – By becoming a PHSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education and schooling.
You can help in many ways:
- By becoming a committee member.
- By donating unwanted gifts, toys and books
- By donating raffle prizes for our summer and Christmas fair raffle draw
- By agreeing to have a Pedder sponsorship board advertising our events outside your home
- By matched giving (where your employer can match whatever profits you make on a stall £ for £)
Together we will make a difference. Best Wishes!
Chandralekha Sumar (Year 3 parent)
Announcements / letters home from the Park Hill Schools Association are sent home in your child's bookbag.
RAFFLE ticket instructions - please click here
Bags2School fundraising information - please click here